October 17, 2009

In Memory of Granny


My Granny passed away this week at the age of 87. She had multiple medical problems, but rapidly declined over the last 2 months. She passed away in her sleep on wednesday morning with my Grandpa by her side. They had just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in May. Today her funeral service was held in Killeen at St Joseph Catholic church, where she was a member and worked for many years. Afterward the family went to a lunch where we shared many laughs and enjoyed every moment, just as she would have wanted. Please keep my Grandpa in your thoughts as he goes through this difficult time.

3 comments:

Danielle and Aaron said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Vanessa. I am glad that you got to spend some time with her recently before she passed. We will be praying for your family.

Kelli said...

I am very sorry for your loss. What an example of love and commitment your Granny and Grandpa were - right up until the end. We will include your family in our prayers.

Meredith said...

I'm so sorry, Vanessa! We will be praying for you and your grandpa.