March 6, 2011

Truitt is Here!!!



On Wednesday, I went to L&D again with contractions, but after walking an hour I wasn't dilating so they sent me home. The contractions weren't frequent but definitely painful, so I knew labor wasn't far away. That next evening, the pain was unbearable, but I refused to be sent home again, so I labored at home for 4 hours. Finally, I told John that we had to go and I was 3-4cm when we got there. I got my epidural around 4am and continued to progress, so around noon I started pushing and Truitt arrived at 12:13 pm. He weighed in at 8lbs 4oz and 19.5in. I was in shock at how easy the labor was and at how big he was!!! I was convinced that my doctor was wrong about my dates all along and now I am sure of that.

Parker has been doing really well with the baby. The first night he was not interested, but was excited to recieve his Woody doll from Truitt. The next day he wanted to look at his feet and hair, but still wasn't interested in holding him. Since we have been home, he has wanted to help out by getting me a diaper or vasoline and pushing the baby in the swing. While watching me breastfeed he asked, "Mommy why is he drinking from your tummy?". Sooo cute!!

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Truitt is so cute! Hope you're recovering and settling in at home!